Want to elevate your ecommerce site or small business, but you don’t know the first thing about web design, marketing, or video production? If so, you’re in the right place; this Placeit.net review will explain why Placeit may be the answer to your problems.
Ecommerce merchants often feel the pressure to know everything- from product design to sales, to marketing and product mockups – and everything in between. But, this isn’t realistic for most people. Thankfully, there are tools out there you can utilize to transform your business ideas into a money-making reality.
One such way is creating and selling branded products and custom apparel to set your business apart from others.
This is where Placeit comes into its own. This brand enables you to create this kind of merchandise in next-to-no time, without any Photoshop or design experience.
In light of all that, you’re probably wondering: what else does Placeit offer? How much does it cost? What are the pros and cons of using their service?
Well, this review aims to answer these very questions and more. So, read on to discover whether Placeit is the right tool for setting your business in a winning direction.
With over 22,000 mockup templates to choose from, Placeit gives you plenty of scope to select a design that’s right for you.
You may be wondering, “hang on; what’s a mockup?”
If that sounds like you, never fear, a mockup is a pre-set template for a piece of merchandise, for example, a t-shirt. You can then customize it by inserting your own designs, text, images, etc., on it.
To create your own new mockup:
- Click on the “mockups” tab located on the top of Placeit’s website.
- Select the type of mockup design you would like to create. There are lots of options, from tote bags to mugs, to T-shirt mockups and leggings – you name it, Placeit probably has it.
- Once you’ve decided on the type of merchandise you want a mockup for, you can now browse Placeit’s vast library of templates and designs.
- Once you’ve selected your template, it’s time to customize it by adding your own text and images. If necessary, crop the graphics to meet your needs.
- Then when you’re happy with your finished mockup, download it with or without a watermark.
Logos are crucial for establishing your brand’s aesthetic. Period.
So, you need to design something that’s innovative, memorable, and relevant to your business- maybe don’t create a logo with a deer on it, if you’re selling cat food, for example.
Placeit can help you create a fantastic logo in just a few clicks. Its interface is super simple and provides over 8,000 professional-looking logo design templates to choose from.
To create your logo, follow the steps below:
- Click on the “Logos” tab on Placeit’s website.
- Type your brand name into the field under “let’s make a logo!”
- Select your industry category or search for your niche.
- Customize the colors of your logo *tip: be consistent with branding; if your brand has a color scheme, utilize that. Placeit will tailor its logo suggestions based on your color choice.
- Now you can tweak the components of your logo: text, font, frame, etc.
- When you’re happy with the design, hit Save and download.
A Placeit Review: How Much Does Placeit Cost?
No Placeit review would be complete without a breakdown of its costs. So, how much does Placeit cost, and is it worth it?
You can test all of Placeit’s tools with their free trial. Then, if you find it useful and you think it aids your business, you’ll have upgrade to one of the following options:
- The Unlimited Subscription – $14.95 a month, or $99.95 a year.
With this option, you’ll enjoy unlimited access to all of Placeit’s design templates, video templates, mockups, and logo makers. You can download as many assets are you want, and keep your subscription going for as long as you like.
- Single Purchases: Don’t want to commit? This option offers a ‘pay as you go’ style of purchase, where you only shell out for the services you use. For example, if you’re just making just a single T-shirt or only one mockup, you can pay for only those items. This is a good option if you don’t think you’ll use Placit often enough to warrant a subscription, or for testing Placeit’s quality and ease-of-experience without spending more than you have to.
Here’s a list of Placeit’s one-off costs:
- Mockups: $7.95
- Design template: $2.95
- Logos: $39.95
- Video mockups and single video: $9.95
Free options: As mentioned, you can opt for a free trial before committing. Other than that, Placeit sometimes has free download options on their selected images, so be on the look-out for those.
It should be noted that your monthly subscription will automatically renew; however, there’s no minimum commitment, and you can cancel any time. You need to ensure you cancel in advance of the next billing date (at least one business day before) to make sure you’re not charged for the next month/year.
Placeit doesn’t offer refunds for periods where you don’t use the subscription. Plus, they have the right to terminate your account for any reason (such as breaching their terms and conditions). However, the assets you’ve created will still be available for you to access after you cancel your subscription.
Make Unlimited Mockups, Designs, Logos and Videos
Applicable taxes not included. All prices in USD